Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I am thankful that I have started to attempt art again. Attempt. I've been pretty stressed lately and let's be real- when you don't feel like going to the gym, you're not going to get much done once you get there- so I've taken the next best coping skill (as we call them at work) and have started drawing. I sketched a picture from a photo of Callie, and the next day I did one by memory with cray pas at art therapy with the kids at work.



I'm sure with practice I'll get better, but for now it's fun.

I'm sitting here watching the Santa Parade with my coffee, a loaf of bread in the oven, and thinking about the day that is going to unfold. I am so excited to see family, to eat, to show off the apple pie that I made at work, & to bring my fiancé dinner at work while he keeps the towns safe on this holiday! Perhaps Callie will get a visit later tonight when all is said and done. <3
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, let's not forget what today is about!

1 comment: