Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year..

2012 is here...amazing!
2011 was filled with milestones for me. A few things happened...

I bought my first brand new car, all by myself! No co-signer! 2011 Nissan Sentra. I was so proud when I signed the papers, knowing I had done all the work myself. I take such pride in my vehicle knowing I earned it.

I sang at my first "gig" in years! I remember being so nervous, and seeing Chad in the audience and getting even more nervous! It was a liberating experience though, and I am hoping 2012 brings more gigs to play and sing at and hang out with my favorite men of the "Blue Streak Band." :)

I started taking riding lessons again and was able to begin fine-tuning some training that I had wanted to do for years. Callie is such a quick learner, and my trainer is so fantastic, that it was a really great experience despite me getting down on myself a bit.

I got my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and minored in French studies! I worked two, sometimes three jobs all through college. I had a long journey, lots of support, and met amazing friends in college who I hope I never lose contact with.

My best friend in the whole world asked me to be his wife. I was floored and shocked but said "yes" after a few moments of catching my breath...the world stops when I'm with him. In just a year and a few months, I'll be the other half and Mrs to the most amazing, selfless, loving person I've ever met.

2011 was also filled with some heartbreak. We lost my Oma and my Grammy, who now look at us from Heaven. I said goodbye to my little rats, Gertrude and Delilah, too. We miss and remember those we lost, and their memories will live forever.

We welcomed a guinea pig into our home, I began cooking and playing with recipes, I got a new (second) job and Callie proved to me that she is the perfect all around horse by giving a riding lesson here and there.

I bought an iPhone! I also bought jeans in smaller sizes. I began running. I learned the true meaning in "you are what you eat." I became aware.

Are there regrets from 2011? No. Are there things I learned? Yes.
Something I have to preach, is that I learned a lot about myself as a person. I learned that I am much stronger than I allow myself to think. I am capable of much more than I give myself credit for.

A few people told me I wasn't the same person. I agree! But not in a bad way. I think we're always changing. If you deny yourself that, you're denying your experiences, too. No way. I welcome them with open arms.

I discovered I have amazing intuition, and I'm rarely wrong about my "gut." In 2012, I will trust it more.

I also resolve to make myself more of a priority in 2012. 2011 was spent trying to please others. This year, I am going to worry less about the things (and people) I cannot change.
I will ride more, I will eat chocolate when I feel like it, I will look in the mirror and see the beauty inside and out. I will test waters, I will fight for what I believe in. I will succeed, I will probably fail at something, but at the end of the year I will marvel at how much I learned.

I hope everyone one of you has a happy, healthy, and a love-filled 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Janelle, what a rich and active year you had. Full of changes, surprises and accomplishments. Wishing you much of the same in 2012.

    ReplyDelete