Friday, May 17, 2013

Vacation!

We just got back from a beautiful three days away in Lincoln, New Hampshire. For those of you who don't know, Chad and I are very fond of it up there. It was our first getaway together & it's also where he asked me to marry him!


the rock where Chad asked me to turn around so he could get a photo- once I turned..he was on his knee with a ring...

We hadn't been away together in over a year- so when we had the opportunity to take a two night fiesta, we jumped at the chance to stay at our favorite inn, the Mount Coolidge Motel. Family owned and operated, this place is just...wonderful. It's simple, but you can always count on a friendly face at the counter, a clean, welcoming room, and coffee by 6am in the morning. They always know the best spot for a meal, and any events going on, they'll be sure to let you know about. In the summer there's a heated pool, & the Pemigawassat River is right behind the rooms- it is incredibly peaceful listening to the river flowing at night.

When we weren't browsing silly little shops and taking pictures with models & stuffed bears, we were at our favorite spot to eat, The Woodstock Station. Funny how the bartenders recognized us so quickly even though we haven't been up in a while- the staff was so pleasant!

 
At the Woodstock Station- they brew their own beer! 

You're not in New Hampshire if you don't take a photo with a bear. 

Or two. :) 

While in New Hampshire, Chad bought me my first Alex and Ani bracelet. I chose the charity bracelet for the homeless pets! 



Clearly didn't bring my hiking shoes..

Staring contest with the mannequins..


What can you do if you can't be silly?

As any good future husband would do, Chad took me to the shopping outlets in North Conway one of the days we were in New Hampshire. I start a new job soon so I needed some work appropriate attire (jeans and a t-shirt won't quite cut it anymore!) We went to Banana Republic and I got quite the wardrobe- and the bargain shopper in me was quite impressed! We also stopped at Kay Jewelers just to try on some wedding bands for Chad. I like him in jewelry. Yes, yes I do. :) 

We just had the best time away..our next trip will most likely be our honeymoon (Holy crap! 99 days until we say "I DO!" I cherish these moments so much and can't wait to be back in "our spot" again..but I will admit, it was really nice coming home to the dog & cat who were so obviously excited that we were back!

Home Sweet Home,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment