Monday, December 19, 2011

Horses and Children

Today I was given the opportunity to give a lovely little girl a lesson on horses. We stayed in the barn and groomed Callie and learned the importance of safety and how to groom. She was so smart and told me all about 4-H club and the things she'd learned- and this little girl was a natural with Callie. It was so lovely to see.

Callie's demeanor changes with children, I swear.

She snuggled up to this little girl who squealed with joy. She lifted her foot so daintily and patiently waited while she picked her feet. She did everything this little girl asked of her and even stood perfectly still and closed her eyes while this little girl brushed her face gently- something she doesn't always like me doing.

Callie and this girl bonded within minutes of being together. It was so beautiful to see and it was even more heartwarming when her mother said, "I think we've found her love."

Just had to share this- I was so taken back by Callie today, and can't wait for little "L" to come back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment