Saturday, December 3, 2011

When "things" get to us.

I have to apologize.

Recently, I began a new job. At this job, there are lots of very nice things, many things that I cannot afford (or need, for that matter.)

But despite the fact that I knew I didn't need these things, I got frustrated that I couldn't have them. I saw women with expensive handbags. Massive rocks on their fingers that you could see from across the store. Perfect hair done like clockwork every few weeks. Tiny bodies with lots of time for the gym, surgery even. And Botox. Lots of cash for Botox.

I got jealous. (Not so much about the Botox..)

You see, I also recently started wedding planning. I started planning what will arguably be the biggest party of my (our) life. I started planning where it will be. What my dress might look like. What we will serve for dinner. And I think that because I let "things" get to me, literally materialistic THINGS) I got pretty bratty over wedding planning for a little bit.

But only for a little bit.

So, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I went against everything that I preach. I'm sorry that I allowed people I don't even know make me feel less than amazing about my hardworking and pretty humble self, because I don't know their stories, either. I'm sorry it took me a few weeks to figure this out.

I am not this person. I am not materialistic. I like nice things, (and don't get me wrong- I'd love a Pandora bracelet for Christmas, Santa, but only because it's sentimental on a chain!) but they do not define who I am.

I think that I'm ready to start planning our wedding again, this time correctly.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Just stay true to yourself!Everything will come together -all hat hard work is going to pay off!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me when I started wedding planning to. I got over it once I noticed it just wasnt what I wanted

    ReplyDelete