Monday, June 24, 2013

Two months to the rest of our life

In two months, at this very moment, I'll be tearing up the dance floor with my husband and our closest friends and family.

That, my friends, is a cool little somethin' to think about.

We have been together three years and 10 months today. We've been through quite a bit already in our short time together.

Wedding planning has been a pretty cool experience. I will pride myself that I didn't lose myself too much in the process. I had my moments of frustration, a "bridezilla" moment here or there- but between the programs, and the hand-made invitations that made me want to rip my hair out... it's been mostly about the big picture to me- the marriage itself.

What's amazing about marriage, and I think we forget this, is that it is "til death do us part." It is a beautiful feeling knowing that I was lucky enough to find my other half (and better, most times) at such a young age.

People ask me why I want to get married so young. It's not my age that made marriage attractive. It's not my immaturity, or the fact that I'm naive. It's that I found the person that I can't be me without. I found the person who loves my quirks, puts up with my awful story telling, tells me I'm beautiful and how much he loves me every single day, without fail. I found the person I'd be lost without.

In two months, I will slide a ring up his finger and promise to walk right next to him through every endeavor life has to offer. To support him through everything that may come our way. To honor and cherish every moment we have together because it's true- the little moments are the big ones. 


Two months to the rest of our life.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations..

    Wedding planning can be stressful, so it's good to focus on the things that matter more [Ever after ;)] every now and then!

    ReplyDelete